The Commons is reopening on Tuesday, May 12th!
I have to be honest…I’m really excited to swing those doors wide again. For the past weeks, I have become increasingly aware of the influence of spaces, faces and places – how they influence us, how they can calm or thrill us.
For many, The Commons is considered to be a favorite space to grab a cup of coffee, a tasty artisan sandwich or fresh salad, and experience a purposeful “pause” in their day.
Even for our daily customers who are part of our ‘Commons Family,’ but not necessarily part of our ‘Redemption Church Family,’ we often hear terms like “respite, sanctuary, peace, hospitality” to describe us. We love what we have been able to offer our community with quality and hospitality.
Beginning next week, Governor Ducey has opened up restaurants for in-house seating, and we feel like we are particularly well-poised to live up to the kind reputation we’ve received from our neighbors. We have a very conscientious staff that has always served out of deep care, love and concern for others. This will not change. We also have an abundance of space, and a very supportive and conscientious support and facilities staff.
And so, we welcome you in.
Come and share in our reopening and celebrate next-steps with us. We are excited for this reopening and hope you will join us this week and far into the future.
We’ve created a new menu and have added some things we think you will really love.
We are baking a selection of our sandwich breads in-house and have crafted some new sandwiches and salads and have added angus burgers to our line-up. In the next weeks, we will also be offering an updated online ordering experience that is available for take-out and dine-in.
Like every restaurant, we will be adjusting some of our practices to ensure the very safest environment. Along with the normal, cautious social-distancing protocol everywhere, these are the highlights:
- Tables and chairs will be cleaned and sanitized (CDC Approved) after each party leaves, and marked
- Food will be delivered to tables, to avoid crowding of any kind (plus, you get to relax)
- Door handles, and other contact surfaces will be cleaned and sanitized multiple times each hour.
- Our staff will be in masks at all times (you are welcome in with or without)
- Refills will be provided, but will be in new cups, for everyone’s safety
- Every member of our staff will be screened before the start of their shift which will be verified, documented and signed daily. Temperature will be documented by another team member. Any symptomatic clerk will not be allowed to come behind the counter, and will not return until they have been screened and are symptom-free for the appropriate amount of time, as governed by state and federal regulations.
- We have removed an appropriate number of our tables to allow for greater distance between seating
- For now, parties over 10 will be split into separate tables, 8-10 feet apart, in accordance with CDC and State guidelines.
We are excited for this reopening and hope you will join us this week and many times in the future.
We have created a new menu and have added some things we think you will really love. Some of our sandwich rolls are freshly-baked in-house, and have crafted a selection of new sandwiches and salads and have added an incredible selection of hearty burgers to our line-up. In the next weeks, we will also be offering an updated online ordering experience that is available for take-out and dine-in.